Friday, October 7, 2011

Big Sur, CA

Dave and I had planned to have our 5 year anniversary this coming year in Big Sur, CA since that's where we had our honeymoon. Since a lot of things have changed since that decision (baby on the way and our move to Colorado), we decided to take the trip while we still could. It's amazing how much we've managed to fit into our schedule the last few weeks! I am only posting the highlights, but in between all of these trips, it's been crazy dealing with our flooded home and the move to Colorado. Nate has been a champ and has proven to be incredibly adaptable!
The above picture is taken south of Big Sur near Hearst Castle. Dozens of seals lay relaxing on the sand or playing in the surf.

Ripplewood Resort was a wonderful place to stay along a mellow (a.k.a.kid friendly) river and close to a few good resaurants. The second night, it rained which was actually wonderful and cozy in our little cabin (coming from San Diego, where we don't get much rain, this was a treat).

Time for a haircut. He only lets me do it for a couple of minutes at a time before he gets ticklish, so I have to be very quick.

A chilly day calls for some hot chocolate

Hiking at Julia Pfeiffer Burns state park. He loves his new hiking shoes.

The morning was sunny but the tree cover presented a dark and serene forest.





It's so amazing every time I see this view at Julia Pfeiffer State Park.

Back at the river, doing tricks.

Below, he tucked himself into his bed perfectly centered. He told me the next day that he wanted to be on the soft part.
playing at the river

Morning mist hugging the cliffs.



Even the rest stops are gorgeous. Big Sur is such a jewel. I can't wait to go back again!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment