Nathan is 22lbs (in the 75%) and I will have to update his height because I think they measured wrong. The Dr. says usually babies Nate's age are into themselves but Nate is really showing great oral/ communication skills already. Nate has two bottom teeth and I just started to feel the top front teeth emerging a couple of days ago. In the past few weeks, there have been several comments that Nate looks like my dad, which is interesting. The activity level goes without saying, but here it goes... I caught him trying to run a couple of times this week! Isn't walking fast enough for him? He is having lots of fun pulling the wine out of our shelves, taking the rocks out of our fireplace, going out and in the dog door, climbing up the stairs when the gate is open, trying to climb into the shower or bathtub, taking things out of drawers, opening and closing doors and cabinets, trying to climb on the tables or scoot chairs across restaurants. Aren't toys supposed to keep babies occupied?...not this one! He is a real explorer and problem solver. I am sure it will get worse, but oh well, at least summer's almost here and we will be outside more. It has been fun to watch but I am so relieved when he takes a nap! Overall, though, he is such a happy baby. (I need to take a video of him dancing...so fun!). Dave and I both agree this is the best age so far.
Nate is in childcare 1 1/2 days a week at a family daycare (at the most only 6 kids) just down the street which gives me a break and a chance to do the home business. It has been great for me to have some time to myself to accomplish something and have a mental break from all things baby related. Nathan loves playing with all of the other kids and I think he likes the variety and stimulation. But I won't give him up more than that, this job is too fun!
We are looking forward to seeing all of the grandparents in the weeks to come. We are meeting Dave's parents in Newport Beach soon and then we are going to Houston to see my parents and celebrate our Anniversary. We are leaving Nate overnight for the 1st time and Dave and I are off to one of my favorite towns, Austin.
I'm tired just from reading this! You've got an active one on your hands!! Love, mom I.
ReplyDeleteWe are getting so excited to see the little guy soon. He sure is active lttle one but it sounds that he brings a lot of pleasure to your lives.
ReplyDeleteLove with hugs and kisses