Ready to go on our two hour journey Northeast to Idyllwild, California. Stuffed to the brim in the truck Snug as a bug in a rug! and such a happy camper especially very early in the morning. First hike of the trip from the nature center close to town. Watching Dave prep the coals for a steak and veggies on the grill. I think I said that it would be fun to climb this tree, so the boys, of course, had to try it...until they discovered it had ants covering the entire surface. We found a little hut along the hike. Perfect size for Nate. climbing down a boulder. by the time he made it down, he had lost his shoes and had a hole in his sock. An outdoor restaurant in downtown Idyllwild. Stopped for a beer and live music.Nate was so happy that Cooper finally arrived on day 2. This is his best friend from preschool. We have been spending a lot of time with their family because we all get along so well.
I checked out a few books about camping from the library for story time. I think they liked them, especially the part about S'mores.
These two insisted on climbing everything.
It takes a lot of teamwork to climb up the hills and over the rocks. Napped the entire way home from our trip...dirty hands and all.
What wonderful memories you are making. And Nate will certainly appreciate that you have kept this blog along the way. Great pics and I loved the ones of Nate and Cooper. Love, Grandma I.
What wonderful memories you are making. And Nate will certainly appreciate that you have kept this blog along the way. Great pics and I loved the ones of Nate and Cooper.
ReplyDeleteLove, Grandma I.