Above is little Nathan just a few minutes after his Cesarean Birth, I took the video in the actual operating room while Kelly was still being stitched up (sorry, the above video could take several minutes to load, so be patient). Nathan just got finished with quick wipe down and some aspiration for his stomach and nasal cavities and I got to cut the cord a little further down to the clamp and then I took this video. You can hear the nurse in the background say "eight and nine", she explained to me later that those are his Apgar scores...he scored quite well...all of the screaming and wriggling means he is a healthy baby. After that he went to the balance to be weighed and measured...
...9 pounds 8.4 ounces. and 20.5 inches long...as you can see on the scale. That's why Kelly was so miserable over the past few weeks!
How exciting to see the video so soon after he was born. You guys must be so proud. I know that dad and I are. Everyone is calling us grandma and grandpa!! We can't wait to see you guys! Love, mom
ReplyDelete