What a whirlwind the past week has been. We finally made it home from the hospital after 5 long days. Although my delivery was really tough, I felt like the care and help I received at the hospital was top notch. It was excellent having such wonderful postpartum care from the nurses, pediatricians, and doctors. Being home has been great and stressful at the same time. Coming home Sunday night was overwhelming... It was amazing to think that we had this little baby all to ourselves. We were fortunate that our friend Kevin came by to drop off dinner because we didn't think about much that night besides our little Nate and how are lives have suddenly grown to include this little guy. Yesterday was a little rough because I had a major reality check as to how much less I can handle while taking care of Nathan. I barely had time or energy to take a shower. I kept trying to sneak in loads of laundry and chores but I had to remind myself that I also needed to continue recovering from my surgery and that I needed to rest. I feel a little more encouraged today that I can handle my new life but I will sure miss having Dave's help when he goes back to work. I don't know what I would have done without Dave there to help me through the last 6 days. We feel blessed to have this this little child in our lives and it will only be a matter of time when everything will feel more natural. -Kelly
Awwwwwwwww.........I can't wait to hold him. Judy, I'm jealous you got to hold him before me! He's just so cute and adorable. He's going to be spoiled....no one will want to stop holding him! He looks so snuggly! Liked that picture with his feet out front! See you guys tomorrow....that plane won't be going fast enough for me! Love ya'll, Mom
ReplyDeleteFinally the day has arrived that we get to meet this blessed gift! We are leaving Pismo Beach this morning and should be in San Diego late in the afternoon. We can't wait! Love, Mom and Dad
ReplyDeleteHi Kelly, Dave and new baby Nathan!!! He is sooo adorable!!! Kelly I am so thrilled for you both. Tell Nate we are still "baking" his friend in the "oven"!!! I can't wait to meet him. Let me know when a good time is, and I would love you help with the dishes or a meal, or what ever you need!! But use me so, I will be in labor before July 18th most likely:) woowowow!! We are just riding that wave!!
ReplyDeleteLove Aaron and Loretta!!
Congratulations Kelly and Dave! Welcome Baby Nathan! You are such a cutie!! Thanks for posting all of the pictures, it is so fun to see him. Can't wait to meet you Nathan!
ReplyDelete